Register now and create a new User Login - It's free and only takes a minute.
You get complete access to:
Gather the facts and then use the DEAL WITH IT formula...
See our latest releases...
We can provide trainers to create and run customised courses and training webinars for you using the resources on this site anywhere in the world.
For more information contact us:
Take a look at a selection of our short articles to give you a feel for our views on topical issues.
Download the articles for FREE. Use them any way you want.
Manage change successfully...
Below is a process for managing major change. Use it to plan and implement major change initiatives.
1. Analyse the change – is there a need for it; is there the necessary desire / motivation to deliver it; are the resources available to deliver it?
2. Create a sense of urgency – communicate a “burning platform”; share the facts; spell out the risks / benefits.
3. Form a guiding coalition – identify and form a group of key opinion formers and decision influencers who will own and drive the change.
4. Construct a change plan – describe the current situation as well as the preferred future situation; identify the key issues and a plan to address them; include a stakeholder communication plan.
5. Communicate the plan – face-to-face, in small groups; to key stakeholders, to obtain buy-in to the proposed change.
6. Lead and Manage the Change – get some early wins to show proof; keep communicating the long term vision; use project management skills to deliver results.
7. Create Change Leaders – appoint change champions at all levels within the organisation; train them; reward them.
8. Anchor the Change – ensure that the change becomes part of the new norm; appoint managers who will reinforce it; make the change a part of the ongoing culture.
For more insights check out our resource Planning Change Initiatives